Main Roads WA are planning to replace the existing bridge over the Swanbourne railway station. Key issues to be considered about the Main Roads WA preferred option:
- Creation of a visual eyesore in the middle of Swanbourne
- Lack of pedestrian access and ramps
- Disconnection of the Swanbourne village
- Dominant concrete barriers
- Demolition of heritage
- Lack of access to the Swanbourne train station
- Wasted land
If you care about Swanbourne and the Swanbourne Village, you can make your voice heard. There is a public meeting on Wed 24 October, and public consultation until Oct 31.
I’ve published a series of articles outlining the issues with the current Main Roads WA proposal and presented some suggestions on a better way of planning this important upgrade.
You can read all about it here: