Neil Cownie is an award winning architect who designs buildings that are enduring in quality and responsive to the needs of our fast changing world – for families, developers, businesses and institutions.
Neil is known for his hands-on style. He is an architect who extends his expertise through all aspects of design and construction.
Neil started his own boutique architectural service in 2009. His active approach is built upon considerable professional credentials. As a Design Director of renowned architectural practice Overman and Zuideveld for over 10 years, many of his numerous projects received industry awards, including RAIA Awards in the categories of Multi-Residential, Institutional, Interior, Commercial and Residential.
- Dulux DIAlogue on Tour Award, Recipient 2016
- Good Design Awards, Finalist Interior Design Category 2016
- Good Design Awards, Finalist in Architectural Design Category 2016
- D.I.A. Design Institute of Australia Award – Shortlisted for the Interior Design Category 2015
- D.I.A. Design Institute of Australia Award – Shortlisted for the Product Design Category 2015
- R.A.I.A. Architectural Design Award of Merit, Commercial – Office building – Northbridge 2002
- R.A.I.A. Architectural Design Award Commendation, Interior – Cottesloe apartment building 2003
- R.A.I.A. Architectural Design Award Commendation, Multi- residential – Shenton Park 2003
- R.A.I.A. Architectural Design Award Commendation, Institutional – Morley Police Station 1999
- R.A.I.A. Architectural Design Award Commendation, Residential – Greygoose House 1998
- University of Western Australia Second Prize, Molloy Island Holiday House 1984
- Registered with the Architects Board of Western Australia (A.B.W.A.) (1599)
- Current Board member of the Architects Board of Western Australia 2015 – Current.
- Fellow and A+ member of the Royal Australian Institute of Architects (F.R.A.I.A.) (13812)
- Member of the Design Institute of Australia (D.I.A) (10189)
- Member of the Housing Industry of Australia (H.I.A.) (1174673)
- Member of the Association of Consulting Architects (A.C.A.) (6020)
- 2016 HIA Awards Jury Member
- 2014 R.A.I.A. Awards Jury Member in the Sustainable Architecture Category
- 2011 R.A.I.A. Awards Jury Member in the Residential Design Category